Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Recent Posts

Fish Whatcom Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fishing Discussion / Re: Whatcom creek chums
« Last post by cohojake on October 20, 2017, 08:28:08 PM »
Stopped by yesterday and Eddie reported catching 2 - so there is the odd fish showing up but still not much.  There is at least 1 seal there already, so he thinks there's fish there.  Also, there is a river otter hanging out in the creek, which is really cool to see - running up and down the rocks by the bridge, then swimming out by the seals and catching small fish.  Hopefully he doesn't get snagged.
Fishing Discussion / Whatcom creek chums
« Last post by dj2loud on October 19, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »
Any chun showing up yet?
Fishing Discussion / Re: Online reporting / Mobile reporting to WDFW
« Last post by dj2loud on October 19, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »
Man is the river up! Got a chance to fish up on south fork after work monday, or was it tuesday? Who knows just got off a little early... South fork was up and had about 10-12" of viz, saw 2 or 3 roll up by the hatchery, caught a nice buck below the bridge on a BC-spoon... ( second one caught on the silver and copper 2/5 oz.) Colored up buck so off it went to spew some nut and make some more fishies.... Cant wait to see what the conditions will bring this weekend... Snag not sure if i'm gonna hit the water, Keep an eye here and there will be a possibility we can all meet out there for some action.....
Fishing Reports / Re: Chedder 2016/2017
« Last post by Nick on October 17, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »
Great info guys, thanks for the quick response. That helps clear it up for me.
« Last post by thechemist on October 17, 2017, 03:34:32 PM »
Also the canal has been the worst I've ever seen it the last time I was out. Way to many folks and people blatantly snagging in every deep hole.
« Last post by thechemist on October 17, 2017, 03:07:50 PM »
And no pink targeting/retention (although we are past that part of the season now). Up the date limits for the lower mainland rivers can be found here.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/fresh-douce/region2-eng.html
« Last post by gary on October 17, 2017, 12:02:27 PM »
Same as last years up there, except now are allowed 2 springs a day.  Still a 4 fish limit though (2 springs and 2 cohos, or 4 cohos).  Release wild cohos as usual
« Last post by Nick on October 17, 2017, 09:29:50 AM »
Hey all you Vedder guys...quick regs question. Are there any special rules or emergency rules in place this year? Knowing the uncertainty of the run sizes, specifically the low runs forecast and observed (I think) on the Fraser this year do they do mid-season rule changes in BC, and if so where can I find them?

I may have answered my question by finding this page http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/#Inseason
Fishing Reports / Re: 2017 Noosack thread
« Last post by Nick on October 17, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »
Actually managed to get out yesterday for a couple hours. Had to try to get out before the rains hit! Managed two hatchery fish, both caught on jigs.
Fishing Reports / Re: 2017 Noosack thread
« Last post by cohojake on October 15, 2017, 08:03:43 PM »
Yeah, I also have encountered tiny coho jacks on the Nooksack.  I'm pretty sure they at least hang out in the estuary before returning.  I released one August of this year at Hovander that I'm pretty sure was under 12 inches, and was unclipped.  I'm pretty sure if you kept that jack it would have great quality meat just like a bigger coho (just tiny bones).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners