Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Recent Posts

Fish Whatcom Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fishing Reports / Re: Skagit Sockeye run
« Last post by Snowman on July 16, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
It is funny that the first couple years you could catch them, but that has sure changed in the last few years.  Also, WDFW needs to extend the season or start it later as they don't really show up until July.
« Last post by moro on July 16, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »
I have fished the Skagit for the last 3 years from a boat at various locations and have only caught one fish.  I have only fished it for sockeye when the Fraser is closed.

Although the Fraser is maybe 4 to 8 times larger than the  Skagit at various points and many miles longer, the volume of fish in comparison is staggering.

To put this in perspective,  the Skagit in a great sock year may have 40,000 fish entering the system.  They don't even consider opening the Fraser unless they forecast at least 7,000,000 fish.
« Last post by dj2loud on July 14, 2018, 09:23:21 AM »
I've received a few PM's with folks here and there, 1 or 2 fish between 10 or so rods so not looking great for 2 days left in the river season...
« Last post by Snowman on July 12, 2018, 06:58:11 AM »
I guess no one else is fishing them either????
« Last post by Snowman on July 10, 2018, 07:19:56 AM »
The river is only open from the bridge in Mount Vernon to Gilligan Creek for Sockeye.   I was out the other day and didn't catch anything or see anything caught.  Appear to be pretty tough to catch in the river.
Fishing Reports / Skagit Sockeye run
« Last post by dj2loud on July 09, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »
Run looking promising with over 4,000 at the trap, anyone been out and catching any? Any recommendations on bait and etc? Im planning on putting the toon in above the baker river on the skait and toon on down to gilligan creek..... Anyone wanna join?
Fishing Reports / Re: Occupy slather sloppin
« Last post by Nick on May 04, 2018, 11:05:25 AM »
Fish were caught for sure, but it was slammed.
« Last post by dj2loud on May 03, 2018, 10:01:52 PM »
I refused to even go, of course that may have been to the fact that i'm working 16 hour days not only at Tesoro/andeavor in anacortes but Bp cherry point 7 days a week.....
« Last post by Nick on May 01, 2018, 01:20:31 PM »
slather sloppin = skagit steelhead   :o
« Last post by 8ball on April 28, 2018, 06:00:10 PM »
What is a slather slopin?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners