Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Recent Posts

Fish Whatcom Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fishing Discussion / Re: Nooksack chum
« Last post by WALL-E on December 13, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »
I'm not seeing the numbers of fish as in the past.  The run is not late.  I went out on Monday and Tuesday before the rain blew the river out.  Although I caught a lot of Chum,  I'm not seeing them in great numbers like in the past.  The Chilliwack River has been the same as well.  Infact, most rivers in the lower mainland in BC are not getting great returns for Chum as well, which is not surprising.   
« Last post by Nick on December 13, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
Non treaty commercial is part of *our* 50%. Sport anglers get the shaft in this state.
« Last post by 8ball on December 12, 2018, 04:59:24 PM »
What happened to the Judge Bolt agreement? 50% 50% split??
« Last post by Nick on December 12, 2018, 11:25:11 AM »
I don't think it's that the run is later this year than normal, but probably has to do with the commercial fisheries ending around the end of November. Reading the commercial fishing times that were agreed at north of falcon it seemed like both commercial non treaty and treaty were given almost 7 days a week in the bay through almost all of November. Now that's ended the fish are able to get up into the river. In effect this MAY make the runs later as it weeds out the earlier returning fish.
« Last post by 8ball on December 09, 2018, 08:20:36 PM »
Thanks for explaining the rules. I have been missing a lot of fishing time. I usually do c and r most of the time. I am ready to go again. Thanks again.
« Last post by dj2loud on December 09, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »
The person im referring to is   VERY RELIABLE....   Between him and 2 others that were down on the river they were hammering them....  I have avoided the area waiting on steelhead to show up... And 8 ball the main stem is open until december 31st by permanent rules but closed to CHUM retention only... North fork salmon season ended Nov 30... They need to keep this open longer next year as the salmon are returning later and later..... We had a week if that to catch chum on the north fork....

now there was an addendum added to the agreed fisheries as the following was added...

19 Nooksack River Recreational; mainstem and North Fork from 9/1-12/31
and South Fork from 10/1-12/31 – delete “Release wild Coho”

So yes 8 ball it is actually open for salmon except CHUM.....

That sucks... you know i've thrown back a few coho..... :-\
« Last post by WALL-E on December 09, 2018, 01:22:10 AM »
Don't believe every thing you hear through the grape vine.  I was out on the north fork on Friday and only one guy hooking the same chum in a run.  I caught a couple, but it was no lights out fishing. 
« Last post by 8ball on December 08, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »
 N. Fork Closed until Dec.31???😕
« Last post by dj2loud on December 08, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »
hearing thru the grapevine chum being caught well in excess of 50 a person on the north fork... Numbers of fish we are used to seeing on a daily basis, late again but at least they are showing up in good numbers... More in the hatch this year then last which is an ok sign.......
« Last post by dj2loud on December 01, 2018, 11:35:05 AM »
With the recent closure to all salmon by the tribes, what's to say they even pull nets considering they will be netting for steelhead if any even make it back, excuse used as BYCATCH ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners