Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Recent Posts

Fish Whatcom Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fishing Discussion / Re: Nooksack 2018
« Last post by brandon on October 16, 2018, 06:19:40 AM »
I'll have you know that I have been up there fishing as well and doing well center pinning.  I had one flosser brag about how well his skill was at catching fish. I pointed out that those fish coming in backwards from being hooked in the tail or gut and back were really biting.

I've seen a ton of snagged fish kept this year. Its like the wall up there.
« Last post by WALL-E on October 15, 2018, 08:35:46 PM »
I'll have you know that I have been up there fishing as well and doing well center pinning.  I had one flosser brag about how well his skill was at catching fish. I pointed out that those fish coming in backwards from being hooked in the tail or gut and back were really biting. 
« Last post by Bigfish72 on October 15, 2018, 02:09:54 PM »
On the main
« Last post by brandon on October 15, 2018, 07:07:59 AM »
Floated from 9 to Nug's on Saturday, caught 4 fish over about 8 hours spent on the river. The water is low and clear and it is making the fishing just a touch harder. We talked to a couple drift boats who did that entire float and caught zero fish.

Overall floating eggs has been most successful by far for me, I've spent a few days up at the SF hatchery out-fishing the flossers by a good margin.

Killed them today on the upper  river. not a lot of water but still fun.

NF or SF Bigfish?
« Last post by Bigfish72 on October 14, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »
Killed them today on the upper  river. not a lot of water but still fun.
« Last post by Nick on October 03, 2018, 09:48:47 AM »
Nice!

Yes, I believe that I could have kept the unclipped fish.. however, it was my first fish (and strike) of the season, and I feel good about letting the first one go.  Also, I want the big unclipped (wild??) ones to have a chance to breed in the river.  That is my way of giving back to the river.  I have volunteered for NSEA more than once, but don't really have time for that.  I probably will always release the big unclipped ones (even if I think they will eventually be caught in a net...).  I am not quite to the point of only using barbless hooks even if I am allowed to use barbed, but releasing the big ones is something I plan to do.  It's good karma, and allows me to feel good about taking clipped fish like these home to eat  ;D

Got this buck and hen today (21st).  Buck in the morning, hen in the afternoon.  Lost two others.  Only lost one lure.  Overall a great day!

« Last post by BhamBankster on September 21, 2018, 11:51:59 PM »
Yes, I believe that I could have kept the unclipped fish.. however, it was my first fish (and strike) of the season, and I feel good about letting the first one go.  Also, I want the big unclipped (wild??) ones to have a chance to breed in the river.  That is my way of giving back to the river.  I have volunteered for NSEA more than once, but don't really have time for that.  I probably will always release the big unclipped ones (even if I think they will eventually be caught in a net...).  I am not quite to the point of only using barbless hooks even if I am allowed to use barbed, but releasing the big ones is something I plan to do.  It's good karma, and allows me to feel good about taking clipped fish like these home to eat  ;D

Got this buck and hen today (21st).  Buck in the morning, hen in the afternoon.  Lost two others.  Only lost one lure.  Overall a great day!

« Last post by cohojake on September 21, 2018, 08:00:02 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong but. The way the rules are worded you can keep 2 unclipped fish plus 2 clipped coho.  But you must release wild kings
Yep, that's how I read it too.  He could totally have kept that unclipped coho.  They release a huge amount of unclipped fish in the Nooksack so it was probably hatchery anyway.  You can keep unclipped kings starting October 1.
« Last post by FLyfisher12 on September 19, 2018, 03:14:27 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but. The way the rules are worded you can keep 2 unclipped fish plus 2 clipped coho.  But you must release wild kings
« Last post by BhamBankster on September 18, 2018, 09:09:03 PM »
umm, no fish, anywhere, you probably shouldn't even try... ;)

Was out on Sat 9/15 and caught a unclipped about 10 pound coho.  First and only strike.   Landed, unhooked, and held in water until it swam away with great strength.  Only fish hooked amongst 5 people fishing.  Couple surfacing fish but not many.  Probably not worth anyone's time :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners