Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Recent Posts

Fish Whatcom Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fishing Reports / Re: 2017 Noosack thread
« Last post by cohojake on July 20, 2017, 09:30:27 PM »
Well, I spent about an hour and a half drifting dick nites down a Hovander this evening, half a dozen other fishermen around but no fish to be seen.  I bought a big pressure cooker/canner at the Yeager's tent sale this year, so I'm ready!
Fishing Reports / Re: Nf nooksack
« Last post by Raw Visions on July 12, 2017, 10:46:36 AM »
This post was so on point Gary

What's interesting is that on the escapement reports, they have a 99,000 egg intake but no fish listed. Anyone know where they came from? 
they live spawned last years inbred hotdogs and kept them in tanks and fed them powerbait for the last 12 months and are respawning them again hoping for double down syndrome incest fish in the future.
Fishing Reports / Re: 2017 Noosack thread
« Last post by Raw Visions on July 12, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
Who's ready for the humpys. I've made room in the chest freezer for a few cards worth of these slimeballs. haha Honestly don't think ill bonk any but they are a fun time none the less. Better start buy your dicknites now we all know those choice colors will be hard to come by in august.
Fishing Reports / Re: Baker lake.in late August?
« Last post by thechemist on July 08, 2017, 02:56:17 PM »
Thanks Guys really appreciate it. Also, I seem to have posted this in the wrong part of the site. Oh well. Will report back in a couple months!
« Last post by gary on July 07, 2017, 10:32:53 PM »
I haven't fished it quite that late, but can still give some reasonably good advice.  The fish will almost all be in the "upper" end of the lake, and will be starting to stage up around the mouths of the creeks.  Not in the creeks, not in shallow water even, but off the edges of the cooler creek water that they should have found to be the place to be.  Similar gear as earlier should work, and you will have much less of those douchey macho fish counters to contend with.  Good luck.
Fishing Reports / Re: Skagit
« Last post by gary on July 07, 2017, 10:25:46 PM »
Well said cloudy.  I'm on the same page.
Fishing Reports / Skagit
« Last post by Cloudy on July 07, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Just curious if anyone has anything positive to say about the Skagit?  At 83 years old I have seen that fabulous river go from it's hayday to today.  I can recall when Ira Yeager was guiding fishermen and fish were abundant.  Sure the logging as well as other factors have come into play but there was a time when salmon were running you had to get used the stench so you could stand to fish.  Now you rarely see a dead fish.  I know things change and we have had a negative effect on fish as a whole but there is one factor that I feel is the most damaging - Yes, netting the rivers with modern fishing techniques.  I don't begrudge the Indians there rights but I do feel the main cause of the Skagit dying is from netting.  Many years back I launched at the campground on Fir Island during the chum run.  Thought I would go to the mouth and do some flyfishing for them.  Before I got to the first bend in the river I was confronted with Indian nets across the river.  I was in my jet so moved over to the open bank which turned out to be only about 15 feet from the end of the net and almost ran aground getting by.  Then a second net was positioned from the opposite bank and only about 15 to the most 20 feet apart.  Again it crossed to almost a foot or so of water next to the bank.  Needless to say there were no fish getting upstream at that time.;  I know they claim to be conservationist but this is the same conservatism that wiped out the elk herds years back.  My fishing time is limited but if you want fishing in the future you need to band together and work to save your sport.
"'
« Last post by Deli Dill on July 07, 2017, 07:22:30 AM »
It's worth a shot, but usually slows way down after about mid-august, in my experience. On the other hand, you're not fighting anywhere close to the same massive hordes of people, so there's that.
Fishing Reports / Re: Sturgeon
« Last post by Nick on July 06, 2017, 05:15:28 PM »
That sounds awesome for sure. I can see why you like it! Besides the great sturgeon that shad fishing on the fly sounds incredible. Have to try that someday on a light glass fly rod....would be a blast.
Fishing Reports / Baker lake.in late August?
« Last post by thechemist on July 03, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »
Going to be camping on Baker lake in late august and was wondering if anyone had much luck that late in the season? Last year I fished late July and had moderate luck.

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners