Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Recent Posts

Fish Whatcom Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fishing Reports / Re: Pine Lake Cutthroat April 9, 2017
« Last post by Nick on April 12, 2017, 02:34:05 PM »
Sounds like a fun hike anyways! I wasn't aware that plantings like that were still going on. Thanks for sharing.
Classifieds marketplace / Re: Float Tube, Fins, and Fish Finder
« Last post by brandonweeda on April 11, 2017, 07:57:06 PM »
Do you have some pics of the setup? And is the fish finder for the float tube or just separate?

Thanks!
Fishing Reports / Pine Lake Cutthroat April 9, 2017
« Last post by cohojake on April 09, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »
Decided to do my usual early spring hike up to Pine lake to try for some cutts.  In March 2015 and March 2016, I found fish from 12 to 14 inches.  Today I caught 5, but they were much smaller - only 6 to 9 inches.  Most fish hit a 1/8 oz black roostertail.  I spoke to a gentlemen hiking out with a rod who said that he stocks these lakes personally with cutthroat fingerlings every May, so I must have caught mostly last year's stocked fish.  Hopefully there are still some big boys around.  I probably won't go up there again this year - not worth the hike in my view.  Water was cool but not frigid, there were small bugs hatching and the lily pads are about 6 inches below the surface.

Hopefully I can break this small fish curse soon.  I see there are no jumbo or triploid plants planned for Padden, Silver or Toad this year - just the regular little stocked fish.  I guess it really doesn't matter - I'd prefer WDFW spend the money on salmon instead.
Classifieds marketplace / Float Tube, Fins, and Fish Finder
« Last post by Salmon King on March 16, 2017, 07:00:09 PM »
This tube was USED ONCE then put away...it is LIKE NEW!
The Fins are sized 9-10
The fishfinder is a Humminbird fishin buddy. With tube holster and a transom mount clamp.

Selling because the water I just don't use it anymore.
Asking $200 or trade for a good Kokanee rod and reel outfit.
Fishing Reports / Re: Chedder 2016/2017
« Last post by Nick on March 15, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »
Thanks Dude. Turns out this year in the mountains has been good so been spending more time up there than fishing... but getting that fish gave me the steelhead itch again for sure.
« Last post by thedude on March 14, 2017, 04:42:25 PM »
Good work, Nick!
« Last post by Nick on March 11, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »
Got the skunk off today, so figured I'd get it off this forum too by posting something. I've only been able to get out a few times so far this year, and this is my first fish of the year. Good day up north, river was in great shape and less people that I expected (still a lot!).

Hooked two fish, landed one. See pic!
Fishing Discussion / Re: PINK YEAR!!!!
« Last post by Nick on January 13, 2017, 09:35:41 AM »
Snowpack should be good. Been a good year up in the mountains so far. I like going out and catching pinks on the fly rod as well... and it's also a fun way to introduce people to fishing. Nothing makes someones first salmon fishing trip more fun than actually catching a few!

That would be a bummer if the Skagit is closed though.
Fishing Discussion / Re: PINK YEAR!!!!
« Last post by Raw Visions on January 11, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »
Rumor is the skagit will be closed. Nooksack will be open. The last out-migration  was terrible. Lets hope the river doesn't warm up as fast as it did the last run . Lets hope for some more snow pack!
Fishing Discussion / PINK YEAR!!!!
« Last post by pips4bucks on January 08, 2017, 07:50:41 PM »

YEA!  It's a pink year!!!! I can't wait!

Just kidding.... I just thought I'd stir the pot a bit. 

Personally, I think they're fun to catch, especially on a fly rod, but as far as usage, I think they're only good for crab bait or dog food.  I know plenty of folks eat them, they're just not my thing. 

Pink years seem to bring out the most quality fisher people as well.....   :o ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners