Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Fishing Nooksack 2019 - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Fishing Nooksack 2019  (Read 1849 times)

dayvidday

• View Profile
Fishing Nooksack 2019
« on: September 23, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am just getting started trying to catch salmon. I have gone out to the Nooksack probably about 5 times now since the beginning of September... And I have not seen anyone catch anything!

Is it pointless to try to fish for Salmon in the Nooksack? I have seen pictures of the nets down by Slater and I am just wondering if I need to find another river.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fish Whatcom
Re: Fishing Nooksack 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »
Sometimes it feels pointless, but once fish are in the river you will start seeing them caught (and catching some yourself). My advice would be to keep trying.

Every river in our area faces the same problems of low returns.
-Nick

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »
i'm no longer posting pictures or giving up spots, we all know where and when and how, however PM me and e might connect.... I have seen plenty of chromers on the bank........ 

SnagNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 09:09:07 PM »
Hello dayvidday I will be fishing the Skagit Wednesday-Friday depending on water conditions I have a open seat in my sled if you would like to fish for coho.  Pm me. 

WALL-E

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 06:57:30 PM »
The  South Fork has been getting a lot of love on opening day. People all the way from Seattle are driving up to fish.  Never seen so many people out on the river.  Prepare for a busy weekend. 
WALL-E

brandon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »
The  South Fork has been getting a lot of love on opening day. People all the way from Seattle are driving up to fish.  Never seen so many people out on the river.  Prepare for a busy weekend.

I talked to two guys from Seattle who were going home empty handed on opening day. Sucks to drive that far for combat fishing and no fish. Its getting plenty of pressure but as of now the fishing is a lot slower this year. Went by the sf again yesterday and there was a lineup of cars but empty handed fisherman. One Russian fellow had a rotten king Im assuming he thought hed go throw in the smoker. We need some more fish!

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fish Whatcom
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 12:37:37 PM »
People are coming from Seattle to fish the Nooksack?!  :o
-Nick

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »
Yeah, seattle is NOTHING ! I spoke to a guy who came from KELSO!!!! NUTS in my opinion.... I have limited 3 days so far, and have bypassed most of the regular holes... There's fish to be had, don't rely on the normal combat holes....  Anyone who knows me will see me there before anyone else...

Finding "RUSSIAN RIGS" all over the place... Pencil lead on the bottom crimped with 2' of 50 lb leader and two hooks spaced 6" apart .......

gary

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 10:33:13 PM »
No license, no limit!
DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS DIE.  EXECUTE THEM!

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 03:25:38 PM »
Wait, we have to punch our card right?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Got a quick 2 fish today and bailed...... Eggs and bobber was the ticket

cohojake

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 06:19:06 PM »
Wait, we have to punch our card right?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Got a quick 2 fish today and bailed...... Eggs and bobber was the ticket
Not after your spot or anything - is the egg bite a first light thing only?  Anything later in the day?

red roe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 06:00:20 PM »
Has anyone made the drift from 9 to nugents ..if you have how,about a quick report.

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2019, 06:44:49 PM »
HIT OR MISS.....

only spot i've seen that had any fish there was below the ffa barn down around the next corner away from where georges nets had been.... haven't seen joshua's nets down at nugents.... Fair bite on eggs....

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 06:50:29 PM »
Has anyone made the drift from 9 to nugents ..if you have how,about a quick report.

any time of the day, I'm usually there crack of dawn and once the suns up its hit or miss... One particular egg cure has definitely slayed more this year then in the past... I had 8 different cured eggs and  only 1 skein of eggs worked... Strange in my opinion but oh well....  4 fish is better then nadda...

red roe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »
Thanks.. I appreciate the report I guess there is still a few real fishermen on this site. I also find the same to be true on the lower river .. go darker hotter and more licorice stink.. seems to be the ticket ..I think it has to do with the high nitrate levels in the system at this time.. so stink them up and reel them in..

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners