Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Nooksack Steelhead Updates - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Nooksack Steelhead Updates  (Read 2132 times)

dj2loud

• View Profile
Nooksack Steelhead Updates
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:10:58 AM »
Hi all, well my weekend is a bust! I was supposed to head out to forks to fish with Issac Prince of NO SLACK GUIDE SERVICE but was cancelled due to the rivers rising from all the rain on thursday and friday and supposed to continue thru next week.... Fished the nook for a few hours friday morning, Hooked 6 coho, and 3 chum... YES I DID SAY 3 CHUM still in the system and a few more still on beds..... Hooked two steel but hooksets were not good and lost them both a few feet from the bank... They are here and at least one of them was decent sized... Started out at the firehouse and ended up at the 9 bridge with a long walk back...... Been hearing reports from a local guide that there was 2 nets strung up below the hatchery at kendall, and 2 still in the lower river near deming... Can't confirm them with my own eyes but this guys pretty damn reputable......

8ball

• View Profile
Re: Nooksack Steelhead Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 05:54:58 PM »
The escapement #s look better this year for Kendal hatchery. 440 hatchery 58 wild😀 escapement numbers

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:13:34 PM »
well we all know this years is gonna be a blow... Lets see when the nets hit the sack this year... Im sure April 1st to Jan 12th again....... 9 more months of nets.....

8ball

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »
Nets in salt and freshwater=almost zero for river fishermen😤 We are getting the short end of the stick.
Why buy a fishing license?

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners