Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Chedder 2018 - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Chedder 2018  (Read 375 times)

WALL-E

• View Profile
Chedder 2018
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:37:02 PM »
Decided to go hit the cheddar this fine day.  The river is fishable but there is a lot of snow melt going on and visibility is about a foot.  I caught a nice juvenile steelhead in the mid river section.  I saw a guy across from me hook a nice steelhead, but then lost it.  I decided to move up river and hooked a really nice steelhead on my first cast.  I lost it right up against the rocks, as I was about to land it. Can't win them all, I guess.  I believe the coming rain will change the river very soon.
WALL-E

thechemist

• View Profile
Re: Chedder 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:24:20 PM »
Thanks Wall-E. I haven't ventured out their since mid fall. Probably won't since that river is a zoo and the fishing isn't better than my regular Washington rivers.  Glad to see someones having some luck though.

WALL-E

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:00:30 AM »
No problem.  The river keeps dropping, much to my surprise.  I thought it would rise due to all that rain and melting snow.  Might have to make a trip very soon. 
WALL-E

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:06:18 PM »
Haven't been up there yet, what's needed to venture to the great white north? I'm in Kendall wa... About 12 miles from the sumas border... Anyone wanna show a newb to bc some river?

gary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »
DJ- you dont need anyone to show you the vedder.  its hands down the easiest place to just drive around and fish there is.  a road parallels the whole 15 miles of fishable water.  places to park all over the place, and foot trails on the banks every which way.  locals are friendly but goofy.  if you live in kendall its a 40 minute drive. 
DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS DIE.  EXECUTE THEM!

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners