Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Online reporting / Mobile reporting to WDFW - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Online reporting / Mobile reporting to WDFW  (Read 477 times)

dj2loud

• View Profile
Online reporting / Mobile reporting to WDFW
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:18:55 AM »
Im wondering if the WDFW or the state even give a shit about folks that continue to report issues on the water... I have had over 20 online and mobile reports generated and not 1 phone call has been made or an email sent to verify any information i've sent.... WHAT GIVES?

8ball

• View Profile
Re: Online reporting / Mobile reporting to WDFW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »
I almost always get a email back. Try Brett.Barkdull@dfw.wa.gov
Justin.spinelli@dfw.we.gov

SnagNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 09:42:14 PM »
I think DJ talks way more then Dj does.  Loved that report on the Skagit where your buddy was blasting fishermen with the 12 ga. Rock salt loads.  As a avid Skagit fisherman everyone carries a gun and your dumbass friend would be the only one slinging rock salt.   

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
Snag, you really should take the time to get to know me, you'd change your tune, Bran can tell ya, I Dont bs no one...... Its been awhile since you've trolled the site,  And its surprising that you brought this to light as yesterday after this posting WDFW emailed me back and is now looking into the two different claims i filed with them again last week... Someone from WDFW is on here.... 

Arthur,
  If you can attach the photos you mentioned below to this email and reply back I will forward the information to the officers that work in that area.  I am also including the information from your other email.

Thank you

Phil
WILDCOMM

From: do.not.reply@dfw.wa.gov [mailto:do.not.reply@dfw.wa.gov]
=
To: Reportpoaching (DFW)
Subject: Online - Enforcement Poaching/Violation Report

REPORTED VIOLATION(S)

Other: Nets left to rot with pink salmon on the shore line..
VIOLATION INFORMATION

Date and Time Violation Took Place

Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 5:00pm

Where Violation Took Place

County: WHATCOM

Latitude: 48.84023162010327
Longitude: -122.28147798910705
Coordinates Based On: Very accurate site GPS reading

Violation Details

i have pictures of a tribal net with nooksack markings, at least 5 - 10 pink salmon left to rot on the shore line. 3 individuals were netting and came and took the net after a group of people had gathered, two males, 1 looked native the other was a older white guy, glasses and a hat, his wife was older.. they took the net and tossed the fish in the water... Vehicle was a green beat to hell saturn with a dented door, wash pla te AFA1137

More pictures at the link below
https://imgur.com/a/pwD6T

Original pics are at the link below

https://imgur.com/a/MMySZ
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:39:24 PM by dj2loud »

SnagNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:01:01 PM »
Dj I am far from a troll. I just haven't figured you out yet. Some of your posts you sound like a hero doing everything you can to fish and make fishing better.  Then you post BS like the Skagit story and talk about cutting nets ( that is a felony loose all your rights to tamper with the nation) and post that the Noocksac tribe is going Down the Bolt decision couldn't bring them down what you gonna do. ?  You don't get responses from the dept cuz there is absolutely nothing they can do and would sound stupid if they tryed to answer. 

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »
Well apparently now i have to explain myself to you? My buddy is and will into the future protect the property he owns on the skagit at all costs. As far as cutting nets so be it, yes it's wrong but so is killing fish and leaving them to rot on the shore right? WDFW did respond, now being the 3rd time in 2 days, Ryan called and stated that they would be contacting the tribal enforcement and with their cooperation launch an investigation into the pictures i have provided and the details of the incident's reported... The wdfw is very adamant about investigating cases like this, they want us fishermen to report the things we see but folks don't.....  I will be contacting him during business hours tomorrow since I worked late tonite...... I haven't been able to get back on the water in over 2 weeks.....

brandonweeda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 12:46:35 PM »
Well apparently now i have to explain myself to you? My buddy is and will into the future protect the property he owns on the skagit at all costs. As far as cutting nets so be it, yes it's wrong but so is killing fish and leaving them to rot on the shore right? WDFW did respond, now being the 3rd time in 2 days, Ryan called and stated that they would be contacting the tribal enforcement and with their cooperation launch an investigation into the pictures i have provided and the details of the incident's reported... The wdfw is very adamant about investigating cases like this, they want us fishermen to report the things we see but folks don't.....  I will be contacting him during business hours tomorrow since I worked late tonite...... I haven't been able to get back on the water in over 2 weeks.....

Dj is the only one I have talked to actually getting somewhere with the WDFW. The fact that they are willing to contact tribal enforcement is quite a big step in my opinion. And if there isn't anyone out there willing to bring up issues like this, they will continue to go without consequence. I respect the rights of Native Americans, but at the same time when I see nets in the river every Sunday, derelict nets filled with salmon in the rocks, and no respect for any of THEIR OWN regulations, it just looks like poaching to me. I have also fished with DJ. He has offered a lot of tips on fishing the Nooksack and even offered some of his hand tied jigs. I would fish with him any day.

Hit me up if you have time to hit the river this weekend.

Brandon

SnagNasty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 05:43:31 PM »
DJ and Brand we should all get together and have coffee my treat let me know maybe just maybe if I'm not against you I will stand with you guys seem to care. 

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »
Man is the river up! Got a chance to fish up on south fork after work monday, or was it tuesday? Who knows just got off a little early... South fork was up and had about 10-12" of viz, saw 2 or 3 roll up by the hatchery, caught a nice buck below the bridge on a BC-spoon... ( second one caught on the silver and copper 2/5 oz.) Colored up buck so off it went to spew some nut and make some more fishies.... Cant wait to see what the conditions will bring this weekend... Snag not sure if i'm gonna hit the water, Keep an eye here and there will be a possibility we can all meet out there for some action.....

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners