Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Baker lake.in late August? - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Baker lake.in late August?  (Read 3072 times)

thechemist

• View Profile
Baker lake.in late August?
« on: July 03, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »
Going to be camping on Baker lake in late august and was wondering if anyone had much luck that late in the season? Last year I fished late July and had moderate luck.

Thanks.

Deli Dill

• View Profile
Re: Baker lake.in late August?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:22:30 AM »
It's worth a shot, but usually slows way down after about mid-august, in my experience. On the other hand, you're not fighting anywhere close to the same massive hordes of people, so there's that.

gary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:32:53 PM »
I haven't fished it quite that late, but can still give some reasonably good advice.  The fish will almost all be in the "upper" end of the lake, and will be starting to stage up around the mouths of the creeks.  Not in the creeks, not in shallow water even, but off the edges of the cooler creek water that they should have found to be the place to be.  Similar gear as earlier should work, and you will have much less of those douchey macho fish counters to contend with.  Good luck.
DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS DIE.  EXECUTE THEM!

thechemist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 02:56:17 PM »
Thanks Guys really appreciate it. Also, I seem to have posted this in the wrong part of the site. Oh well. Will report back in a couple months!

thechemist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 06:26:54 PM »
Fished it. Didn't touch a thing.

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 08:21:59 PM »
I was last there a few weeks ago and was thoroughly shut out also. From the charts, they only put 8,700 fish in the lake all season. That's a record low, I think, by a long shot compared to recent years.

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
numbers sucked this year, they forecast 47,000 so the tribes and the power co get their 500,000 eyed eggs for cushman, folks say they never went up baker but again with the natives with their hands in the pot the fawking numbers will NEVER BE ACCURATE and THEY WILL ALWAYS TAKE MORE THEN ALLOWED BECAUSE THEY GOVERN THEMSELVES... UNTIL THIS STATE AND ITS MONEY HUNGRY POLITICIANS GET OUT WE WILL NEVER SEE RETURNS THE WAY THEY WERE 40 + years ago....

thechemist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »
Slow down there cowboy. You realize the average run size 40 years ago was about 3000 fish right? Before all the dams went in (1890s) the run was only about 20,000. That's 17,000 fish less than this year. Don't get me wrong I'm all for accountability and reduced take by all parties. I see no reason for nets in the rivers when first nations could take 50% of the fish from the trap and negate bicatch of endangered species. I also see no reason for inaccurate accusations and native bashing.

8ball

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »
I am with you 100%. Get the nets out and split , so we get a chance to catch something. We can fish in the river and they can have the trapped. They don't even have to do anything to get paid in fish.

dj2loud

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 06:20:06 PM »
Slow down there cowboy. You realize the average run size 40 years ago was about 3000 fish right? Before all the dams went in (1890s) the run was only about 20,000. That's 17,000 fish less than this year. Don't get me wrong I'm all for accountability and reduced take by all parties. I see no reason for nets in the rivers when first nations could take 50% of the fish from the trap and negate bicatch of endangered species. I also see no reason for inaccurate accusations and native bashing.

The only thing innacurate was 40 +, which was meant to be 43 years ago ( IE BOLDT DECISION ) Yes the runs were 3,000, but you see the runs have steadily become higher and lower... The numbers would be higher than ever if NO ONE TOOK ANY and if there was accountability we would actually know the true numbers.. NO bashing, JUST TRUTH........

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 06:20:06 PM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners