Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
2016 Sak coho - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: 2016 Sak coho  (Read 7363 times)

BhamBankster

• Gone fishin
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Sak coho
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 07:57:38 PM »
Been out like 6 times (early mornings and nights) since my last post and had one single hit a few days ago.  A few hay bales and barbed wire in the river wouldn't hurt my feelings  :-X
Gone fishin

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 08:32:29 AM »
I floated it yesterday and pulled a big zip, zero, nada.  (Could this be the reason for lack of reports?) Absolutely no hits or misses between two of us fishing for most of the day.  I did see quite a few set nets,  maybe 20 in all.

One thing that I found very interesting is that below the forks and above the bus barns I counted five or six set nets.  The same section that Fish and Game has determined should be closed to rec fisherman until October 1st.  Yeah,  makes lots of sense Fish and Game!  About the same amount of sense as rec's releasing all wild Coho with a six-day in river net fishery going on...................WTF?  Somebody please explain to me how this makes any sense!

I floated from Hwy 9 to nugents on the 25th, the morning started out buy watching a Drift net take up the hole river  just above nugents. We then ran up river to launch the boat. We saw nets the entire time we floated. Majority of them were above the Bus barn.One hole the showed us some fish. Well above the Yellow marker, they wouldn't co-operate tho.   Defiantly not my year on the sack.
“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fish Whatcom
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 09:10:41 AM »
I went out last night and caught one jack hatchery silver. Saw a few larger rollers but no dice.  On the plus side I saw this morning that the Skagit/Cascade is re-opening to salmon fishing today.
-Nick

8ball

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 07:41:28 PM »
Went to the s. Fork today on a recon mission. Checked out several of my favorite spots all the way up to the hatchery. Did not see one silver in the river. Saw 5or6 in the hatchery holding area. South fork hatchery is done collecting eggs. It looks all folded up for the year. They have been done for  couple of eeks.

Good luck on Saturday!!!
Looking for reports on Sat. Please report!!!

WALL-E

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:21 PM »
Went out and fished today because I was having my truck serviced and got a loaner vehicle.  What a better way to make the time go by as your vehicle is getting worked on then fishing.  I decided to fish the Nooksack for a while.  I talked to several natives that were pulling their nets.  I saw a lot of kings being netted as well as some coho.  I also saw some coho caught on spinners, not me though. 
WALL-E

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fish Whatcom
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 08:53:47 AM »
Floated the Nooksack on Sunday. We hooked four, landed 3, retained one 7.5 pound hatchery hen. All on spinners. Nice sunny fall day on the river!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:07:41 AM by Nick »
-Nick

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 08:53:47 AM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners