Fishwhatcom.com

cascades fly fishing steelhead ad whatcom county Petosa skagit river guide ad
The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom
Samish River 2013 - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Samish River 2013  (Read 9581 times)

stanleysteemer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Samish River 2013
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:16 PM »
900 Gilbert Dr. sounds like a relaxing and peaceful oasis.  A cozy manor, tucked up against the foothills of the Cascades...

Then I Googled it and it's right off of Sunset Dr.

You might find me at the Alger Bar & Grill fairly often. That being said, I'll be fine with his shanty off Sunset. Although it would be a bonus if his driveway is paved, and maybe he can walk on my back a little when I'm done wrenching. My back gets real tight when I work on cars.

8)
social media icon

Jborrell67

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »
I haven't been to the Alger Bar & Grill in quite a few years.  Perhaps we can discuss more spots on the Samish to publicize, over a fine chianti... ? Or Riesling I guess, since it's the Alger Bar & Grill.   We can co-author a book on Samish River destinations, with a forward by Rick Steves.  Although, Rick Steves might consider the Samish to be a bit of a "tourist trap" - which might turn him off from the book, seeing as he doesn't like touristy areas.  I don't like Rick Steves anyways.

+1 on the flat driveway.  Make sure you put down a lot of Kitty Litter in said driveway.  The occupant of 900 Gilbert Dr. will probably not appreciate his driveway becoming the recipient of motor oil and transmission fluid seeping uncontrollably out of the Le Sabre.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:09:20 PM by Jborrell67 »
"When you compare a form rod with one of those rubber asses with the vagina built into it, there really is not a big difference when you get down to the principles."
-stanelysteemer

gary

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2013, 10:54:59 PM »
 larry AND gary? 
DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS DIE.  EXECUTE THEM!

stanleysteemer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 08:06:47 AM »
larry AND gary?

I didn't think much of it when I saw the name; just assumed what everyone else more than likely assumed:
Gary finally sold the dairy farm, moved in with his friend, Larry on 900 GILBERT RD IN BELLINGHAM, and starting fishing the Samish, religiously. And Larry, having diarrhea of the key board, starting generously sharing all of your "secrets." I only know one Larry, and he used to live in Burlington, and I would say he's good people. "He's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke" (name the quote) and he always has a new trick to open your bottle for you. Pretty good backgammon player, and an ok plumber. All in all, I'd say he's alright. I think this is probably a different Larry though.
social media icon

GH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 08:41:47 AM »
larry AND gary?

I didn't think much of it when I saw the name; just assumed what everyone else more than likely assumed:
Gary finally sold the dairy farm, moved in with his friend, Larry on 900 GILBERT RD IN BELLINGHAM, and starting fishing the Samish, religiously. And Larry, having diarrhea of the key board, starting generously sharing all of your "secrets." I only know one Larry, and he used to live in Burlington, and I would say he's good people. "He's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke" (name the quote) and he always has a new trick to open your bottle for you. Pretty good backgammon player, and an ok plumber. All in all, I'd say he's alright. I think this is probably a different Larry though.

Piano Man.

fishaholic

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »
Correction. It's Plano Man

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »
larry AND gary?

1-800-STEEMER: That's exactly what I assumed. Just figured Gary had finally gone public about the 900 GILBERT ROAD situation. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Jborrell67

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »
This thread has only led me to ponder more questions:

1. Who actually lives in the residence at 900 Gilbert Dr?

2. Who is GARY AND LARRY?

3. How does Billy Joel feel about the Samish River? 

"When you compare a form rod with one of those rubber asses with the vagina built into it, there really is not a big difference when you get down to the principles."
-stanelysteemer

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 11:06:48 PM »
This thread has only led me to ponder more questions:

1. Who actually lives in the residence at 900 Gilbert Dr?

2. Who is GARY AND LARRY?

3. How does Billy Joel feel about the Samish River?
Also:
4. Is it possible that Davy, who's still in the Navy, never had time for a wife because he was spending his days stroking chums on the Nookie?
5. The Dill will find out who lives at 900 Gilbert Drive and get back to the group.

gary

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2013, 11:10:13 PM »
those are all valid queries.  however, as an update, i did end up selling the farm and am currently moving into bellingham.  lot more crowded than i remember, but its for the best.  back to the map.. hard to figure with no reference points, but thats for sure the upper section of the samish below the interstate
DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS DIE.  EXECUTE THEM!

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2013, 11:21:40 PM »
those are all valid queries.  however, as an update, i did end up selling the farm and am currently moving into bellingham.  lot more crowded than i remember, but its for the best.  back to the map.. hard to figure with no reference points, but thats for sure the upper section of the samish below the interstate
Gary, welcome to the big city.

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2013, 12:42:56 AM »
honestly you dont need a map to find those wholes. there really arent that many between the chuckanut bridge and i5, i have waded the whole thing, at one point scaring about 30 kings into this one whole. 1/4 to 1/2 up from chuckanut, it sure was something to see. the are frish frigen every were in there, jacks hidding under logs you wouldnt think  until you walk by and see a few dash away. almost all of the wholes i thought that would hold fish were,  as to what the were biting, i dont think they do that. :'(. aha they pretty much moved away for everything i was throwing at them, eggs, yarn, corky, yarn and corky, and a dick night all seemd to scare em. 
“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”

stanleysteemer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2013, 02:58:23 PM »
honestly you dont need a map to find those wholes. there really arent that many between the chuckanut bridge and i5, i have waded the whole thing, at one point scaring about 30 kings into this one whole. 1/4 to 1/2 up from chuckanut, it sure was something to see. the are frish frigen every were in there, jacks hidding under logs you wouldnt think  until you walk by and see a few dash away. almost all of the wholes i thought that would hold fish were,  as to what the were biting, i dont think they do that. :'(. aha they pretty much moved away for everything i was throwing at them, eggs, yarn, corky, yarn and corky, and a dick night all seemd to scare em.

So what I've concluded from this post is that there ARE NOT a hole lot of wholes, but the wholes that are there are holding a hole lot of fish. Noted, thanks.

:-*
social media icon

Jborrell67

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2013, 08:40:19 PM »
hHonestly you dont don't need a map to find those wholes holes. tThere really arent aren't that many between the cChuckanut bBridge and iI-5, i(.) I have waded the whole thing, at one point scaring about 30 kings into this one whole hole. (About a) 1/4 to 1/2 (way) up from c Chuckanut, it sure was something to see. the are frish frigen There were fish frigging everywhere were in there, jacks (were) hidding hiding under logs (,) you wouldnt wouldn't think (they were there) until you walk walked by and see a few (would) dash away. aAlmost all of the wholes holes i I thought that would hold fish were did (.) ,  As to what the they were biting, i dont I don't think they do that have and an idea. :'(. aha Haha(,) they pretty much moved away for from everything i (that) I was throwing at them,(.) eEggs, yarn, corky, yarn and corky (, both together and separately), and a dick night Dick Nite all seemd seemed to scare em(').

That makes it at least somewhat comprehensible.  Even then, the grammar still needs a lot of work. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:46:22 PM by Jborrell67 »
-stanelysteemer

stanleysteemer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »
hHonestly you dont don't need a map to find those wholes holes. tThere really arent aren't that many between the cChuckanut bBridge and iI-5, i(.) I have waded the whole thing, at one point scaring about 30 kings into this one whole hole. (About a) 1/4 to 1/2 (way) up from c Chuckanut, it sure was something to see. the are frish frigen There were fish frigging everywhere were in there, jacks (were) hidding hiding under logs (,) you wouldnt wouldn't think (they were there) until you walk walked by and see a few (would) dash away. aAlmost all of the wholes holes i I thought that would hold fish were did (.) ,  As to what the they were biting, i dont I don't think they do that have and an idea. :'(. aha Haha(,) they pretty much moved away for from everything i (that) I was throwing at them,(.) eEggs, yarn, corky, yarn and corky (, both together and separately), and a dick night Dick Nite all seemd seemed to scare em(').

That makes it at least somewhat comprehensible.  Even then, the grammar still needs a lot of work.

Charismatic, intelligent, and always willing to lend a helping hand. Jbaggelhoppin IS the hole package.

:-*

social media icon

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

DRYFT Fishing Waders ad
Fish Whatcom Forum Register