Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Whidbey Island 2013 - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Whidbey Island 2013  (Read 7216 times)

GH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Google+
Whidbey Island 2013
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:27:33 AM »
I fished Admirals Cove on Saturday with the wife and kids. Only saw one fish caught and two hooked and lost. No jumpers.

Ran to Ala Spit on the way home, got a report from a local that the only one was caught on the evening. The word is it is still a week or so too early.

Fished North Beah at sundown. Saw a few jumpers and one kid catch two off a small buzzbomb/rotator sans hoochie, fished with a straight retreive. The fish must have been liking the small offering.

RSC

• View Profile
Re: Whidbey Island 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 03:41:44 PM »
i fished north beach on the opener, saw 3 hookups and one landed, pretty slow. Also forgot to pinch my barb and got a ticket  :(

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »
i fished north beach on the opener, saw 3 hookups and one landed, pretty slow. Also forgot to pinch my barb and got a ticket  :(
im curious to how much that ticket was?
“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”

RSC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »
only 87 bucks, apparently its the smallest ticket you can get, kinda sucked but i did break the rules and I definitely wont forget again

GH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 08:37:03 AM »
That's an expensive lesson.

capra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »
 :(  Went out for a few hrs at high tide near North Beach on the base side.  Saw a few jump but didn't even get a nibble.  We had 3 people out and nothing....

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
Hey Beach bums, nice to see the reports here. I fished North Beach on Monday right around the noonish tide change and got skunked. Looked like there were a few (small) humpies caught earlier on the outgoing tide. But not many. Tuesday morning fished Keystone Spit, down towards the bend where there was a small congregation of boats. No luck there either and reports from others that it was very slow. I fished BB's of various sizes and colors at both place, with hoochie and sans hoochie. No hits.

aaronk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »
I fished Whidbey almost exclusively in 2011 for pinks since I lived fairly close by at the time.  I didn't start to regularly catch fish until mid-August and it wasn't lights out fishing until late August.

aaronk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »
Hit Whidbey this morning and caught two in 4 hours of fishing.  Seemed like a fish or two per person with quite a few leaving empty handed.  Supposedly yesterday was good though.

NWFishing

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 01:58:01 PM »
One of my fishing buddies was at Lagoon Point (near Bush Pt) last nite and got skunked. However this morning he fished there from about 6:30am till about 10:30am. High tide was at 8:34am and from that point until around 10am he caught his limit of 4 Pink's. Thinking of going to the Skagit Tuesday morning till around 10am and then making the drive down to the West side of Whidbey to catch the 11:18am high tide. Won't have to make the trip to Whidbey if the Skagit ends up being lights out.  8) Cheers

wetlines

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 08:48:05 PM »
Any body been fishing the beach at deception pass?? Usually fish mutiny on south end, but haven't been down there for a while ... Long drive ... So just wondering, thanks :-)

NWFishing

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 08:07:38 AM »
I've been following Mark Yuasa, Seattle Times, Reel Time Northwest reports for years. During the Salmon runs in the Summer he will report about once a week with the fish counts for the Puget Sound region. If you go to one of these reports here: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/reeltimenorthwest/2013/09/09/state-fish-and-wildlife-saltwater-fish-checks-21/ you can find the area of that interests you.  On this page you will see "Deception Pass North Beach" and the most recent report. The fishing at Deception has really picked up for Pinks and Coho as well. I also look at the Cornet Bay Public Ramp numbers as well because most of those guys fish the Deception area with their boats obviously and you will see that the Coho numbers are climbing. Both of these counts are very good indication for things to come in the Skagit River as well. Once the Skagit pushes most of these Pinks onto their spawning grounds there should be great opportunities for Coho. By the way my apologies to the site administrator if we are not suppose to post a link. Merely posted to assist your readers.  :) Cheers.

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 12:50:07 AM »
I've been following Mark Yuasa, Seattle Times, Reel Time Northwest reports for years. During the Salmon runs in the Summer he will report about once a week with the fish counts for the Puget Sound region. If you go to one of these reports here: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/reeltimenorthwest/2013/09/09/state-fish-and-wildlife-saltwater-fish-checks-21/ you can find the area of that interests you.  On this page you will see "Deception Pass North Beach" and the most recent report. The fishing at Deception has really picked up for Pinks and Coho as well. I also look at the Cornet Bay Public Ramp numbers as well because most of those guys fish the Deception area with their boats obviously and you will see that the Coho numbers are climbing. Both of these counts are very good indication for things to come in the Skagit River as well. Once the Skagit pushes most of these Pinks onto their spawning grounds there should be great opportunities for Coho. By the way my apologies to the site administrator if we are not suppose to post a link. Merely posted to assist your readers.  :) Cheers.

thanks for that link i think i will enjoy looking at it!
“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 12:50:07 AM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners