Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
whatcom creek steelhead - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: whatcom creek steelhead  (Read 21394 times)

thechemist

• View Profile
Re: whatcom creek steelhead
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 04:11:40 PM »
game fish =/= salmon

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 06:04:52 PM »
the regs say that one can't fish for salmon above the yellow line/ rope bellow the fish ladder by the dupont street bridge, above that bridge to wolburn street bridge is game fish only, i fished up there earlier when it first opened and pulled out so many trout, nothing over 14 inches, i took my dog for a walk the other day behind the car dealer ships and talked to an older man who caught a 16 inch trout on a worm i had a chance to see it and when he cleaned it it had a sperm sack, bright red cheeks as well. i am looking forwards to seeing if any steelhead get up there since its open till feb 15th and i know about every hole from wolburn to dupont. its was also much higher than it was in the summer. a lot of the ground is marshy and wet in many places.
ďGive a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.Ē

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
I went by the hatchery today and  scoped out the holding ponds and saw one decently large steelhead in there, decide to toss some eggs under a bobber with no luck, saw a few chums pulled out but its is getting time to see some more steelies,
ďGive a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.Ē

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 07:31:14 PM »
i caught a nice costal cutt the other day.. trying to figure out how to make my photos smaller to be put on here
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:32:45 PM by Raw Visions »

thechemist

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
So I was walking around Whatcom Falls park this weekend and noticed they they had taken the gate off the juvenile anglers pond. This would allow anything left in the pond the opportunity to go downstream. Anyone caught hatchery trout in the creek?

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
in the begining of the season this year  i could go out and catch a dozen or so in a hour or two, there was quite a bit of both hatchery rainbows and natives i had thought that there was about an equal number of the two. i had also caught a good number of cutthroats in the creek as well both native and non natives. the bigger fish i caught in the summer were all native tho. recently i have been trying my luck out there when i have an hour or two  and haven't caught much of anything. small or large. altho my last catch in the creek was the biggest i have caught there it was a sea run cut over a well over foot but under 2.  mid december, it was a male oozing his goods.
there were so many fish in their when it opened i would see them hitting the bobber thinking its food. they devoured worms. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:31:16 PM by Raw Visions »

KR58

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 05:59:23 PM »
Anyone fish the in town portion lately?

Maxrz

• View Profile
Whatcom creek fishing access
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2019, 08:58:41 PM »
Does anyone know if you can fish pixie falls? On the regs it says you can for game fish and steelhead and trout. Iíve heard people go up there for steelhead and get a bobber down the second they throw their eggs in. Just woundering if itís open to fish?

cohojake

• View Profile
Re: Whatcom creek fishing access
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2019, 11:00:17 PM »
Does anyone know if you can fish pixie falls? On the regs it says you can for game fish and steelhead and trout. Iíve heard people go up there for steelhead and get a bobber down the second they throw their eggs in. Just woundering if itís open to fish?
Looks to me like it was open thru yesterday (Oct 31) but now closed until Sat Before Memorial Day.

brandon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »

The warden loves to patrol whatcom creek in the winter for people fishing it while itís closed.

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners