Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Skagit 2013 - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Skagit 2013  (Read 53434 times)

Colton

• View Profile
Re: Skagit 2013
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 01:50:20 PM »
Heres the pic of my two fish and the two my buddy kept

[attachment deleted by admin]

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »
i fished below sedro yesterday and today, lots of hook ups. lots of fish caught and lost.  Getting alot of hens and have a freezer bag full of eggs already... this  is going to be a good year for sure. me and my friends were plunkin sandshrimp using size 4 wingbobbers. they were liking the ones with some metalic finish..
“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fish Whatcom
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 11:15:22 AM »
Hit the lower Skagit yesterday. Lots of people, bank, boats, etc.. We were definitely the only drift boat on that section of the river.  ;D

We took 4 home for the smoker and my buddy took a couple home too. We hooked and lost a bunch more too. They aren't in thick yet, but there are schools of fish moving and holding throughout. Most of the fish we got were twitching jigs, but pink spoons were working as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-Nick

GH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 09:23:38 AM »
Fished above Burlington yesterday. One fish for 2 rods over a few hours. Saw a few hooked, many lost. Fish seem to be lite biters. Nice day in the river with the family. The fish just aren't in very thick yet.

thedude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »
Got out on the lower Skagit in the boat yesterday with a couple buddies. Same story, a lot of people, but not a lot of fish yet. I tried my usual "magic spots" and had several hook-ups, but only three landed. Saw a lot of funny chit, including a 20-something foot sailboat on the south fork. He was parked about a mile up-stream of the Conway launch. I have no idea how he got that thing up that far. Asked the guy about the keel and he claimed it to be 3 1/2 feet long.

RSC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 03:43:44 PM »
fished for about 2 hours last night above sedro , not even a bit. However there were a lot of rollers and jumpers so there are clearly a good number of fish in the river. Talked to one boat that got 3 and saw one landed across the river from me. Threw pink spoons and hootchie jigs

Nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Fish Whatcom
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »
Got out on the lower Skagit in the boat yesterday with a couple buddies. Same story, a lot of people, but not a lot of fish yet. I tried my usual "magic spots" and had several hook-ups, but only three landed. Saw a lot of funny chit, including a 20-something foot sailboat on the south fork. He was parked about a mile up-stream of the Conway launch. I have no idea how he got that thing up that far. Asked the guy about the keel and he claimed it to be 3 1/2 feet long.

Saw that sailboat too. That dude is crazy to bring it that far up.... assuming he brought it up. If the level drops he'll have fun getting back down....
-Nick

Cogitator

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »
He may have the kind of keel that is hinged at one end and you can pull it up into the boat.

gary

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 06:03:15 PM »
i made it to the skagit yesterday, and thought i would add a report for once.  fishing was fair to slow by humpy standards, but we did as well as anybody we saw.  those lower river fish really like the wood, and jigs seemed to outfish dick nites pretty badly.  theres about 4 feet of vis, which is about perfect for a guy like me.  some of the bucks were real nice size, probably 5 or 6 pounds. i wouldnt say its stacked with fish, but theres plenty enough to make it worth the trip
DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS DIE.  EXECUTE THEM!

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
i was fishin below sedro for a good bit, only three fish landed between three guys in several hours.. all in ill its been a little slow the last few days..
“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”

SalmonCycle

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 08:55:45 PM »
Plunked shrimp at the south end of the Skagit just above the fork for a few hours today with fasteddie and we managed to hook up with a few.  Not a lot of fish being caught, but still enough action to keep your interest.  We picked up 5 and lost a few.  The last fish lost was on the last shrimp of the day on my pole.  I hooked another good looking humper and was beginning to bank it when out of nowhere, in less than 2 feet of water, a seal darts out of the depths and snags it.  Breaks off a hook, straightens the other and snaps the weight off.  Pretty crazy way to finish up the day.

StinkyTwinky

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »
Nice job! Those seals are crazy. My boys and I went to the gardener boat launch and didn't catch anything. It was a slow day for most there. My kids got all of my attention but atleast we had fun. My 3yr old suddenly got the hang of casting. That spongebob pole is held together with glue but still kicking. Great weather to be out on the river and not at work!

fasteddie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
Salmoncycle, that day will live in my mind forever.  what a sight to see that seal take your fish.  wish I would have brought my gopro so I could have got it on film.  great day though
<*)))))><

fishinfool

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 09:59:15 PM »
Fished the Skagit today by Sled. Started up below Highway 9 and got 3 on sandshrimp and a few on a jig. Moved down to lower river above Train trussle and sandshrimp went dead and lures sure picked up. Wicked Willies and Dick Nites seemed to out produce the FSTs. A lot more fish were moving in the late afternoon 5:00pm to dark.
-Sounds Fishy.

conlination

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
My usual crew is out of town or busy working this weekend and I'd still like to float the lower river for some pinks.  So I guess I'm saying I have an open seat in my driftboat for Saturday, probably Gardner to mt.vernon. I will need assistance with the shuttle.  I've caught some fish but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing and we don't take our selves too seriously. 

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners