Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Nooksack 2013 - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Nooksack 2013  (Read 162882 times)

RM

• View Profile
Re: Nooksack 2013
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2013, 09:35:27 PM »
Oh I have another that just happened two nights back.
19. fish guy brings man's best friend to do a little fishing.
Other fish guy hooks man's best friend in the back as the pooch is swimming up and down the river.
The first dog fish I have seen hooked in the Nooksack to date!  :o

Dog fish was safely released unharmed.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:40:38 PM by RM »
I AM A FISHERMEN FOR LIFE
  I will always be a fishermen.
    It's not something I do,
     it is who I am.
  Where I am supposed to be.
     It is not a place,
  but a lifelong journey.
When you understand this,
    you will know me.
~unknown~

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2013, 12:08:14 AM »
You guys have no clue what you're talking about. I've been fishing for the past week with a gillnet I bought from a guy at the corner of I-5 and Slater, and let me tell you, it works pretty damn good.

BTW, I would add to the bingo list No. 20: Guy fishing with a 4-foot ultra-light trout rod, from the Midwest, says he has never fished for salmon in his life, nails two pinks in 5 minutes, reeling them in against the drag on this thimble-size reel for 10 minutes. Lands both -- with assistance of guy nearby wielding trout net.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:14:34 AM by Deli Dill »

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2013, 12:09:29 AM »
Oh I have another that just happened two nights back.
19. fish guy brings man's best friend to do a little fishing.
Other fish guy hooks man's best friend in the back as the pooch is swimming up and down the river.
The first dog fish I have seen hooked in the Nooksack to date!  :o

Dog fish was safely released unharmed.
This is a known problem. I can never bring my 3-year-old lab along because he cannot get why he can't retrieve every cast.

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2013, 12:11:29 AM »
number eight: netting a fish with the down-scoop method. this is when you swat the net into the water on top of the fish, pin it to the gravel,and drag the works onto shore. i call this the canasian method  (commonly seen bar fishing during sockeye runs on the fraser)
LOL. This one is a classic!

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »
One more thing: To no. 12 you need to add: at least four white plastic deck chairs as mandatory onboard safety equipment.

MJ#20

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2013, 10:24:31 AM »
Hey, catching humpies on a 4 foot trout rod is super fun! I just dont reel against the drag or use a trout net the opposite way to bring it on the beach ;)

Jborrell67

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2013, 10:31:15 PM »
Today turned out to be pretty decent.  Went with a buddy down to the beach and scored two nice limits of butter clams in extremely short time.   

Then decided to hit the river at my favorite spot.  Hooked and landed three, lost one. 

It's not every day that someone gets a load of clams and pinks - except for maybe in Vegas. Minus the STDs.  Stanley can attest to this.  8)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:32:55 PM by Jborrell67 »
"When you compare a form rod with one of those rubber asses with the vagina built into it, there really is not a big difference when you get down to the principles."
-stanleysteemer

pips4bucks

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
It's not every day that someone gets a load of clams and pinks - except for maybe in Vegas. Minus the STDs.  Stanley can attest to this.  8)
BAAA HAA HAAA HAAA!!!!!  Now that's funny stuff there folks!

21.  The drift fisherman who "sets the hook" at the end of every drift.  (Commonly seen on the Vedder/Chiliwack River)

fishon101

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »
Managed to get one at frogs pond last night!  Saw a ton of rollers, but not to many hookups.  The fish are in thick right now!!

fishinfool

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2013, 12:29:24 PM »
Made it out this morning on the Nooksack above I-5. Hooked 4 landed 3 all on Dick Nites (no pink). Water Clarity is poor at about 6-8 inches but hopefully clears up soon. Plenty of fish rolling around and some big schools of fish moving up. Tight lines.
-Sounds Fishy.

SalmonCycle

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2013, 08:58:32 PM »
My wife and nephew fished the frog ponds today and came home with three.  They all hit on spoons with a 3 1/2 foot leader and 8 inch dropper.

RM

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2013, 09:46:10 PM »
Heys guys! Good fishing so far. Congrats for those who have been slayin humpy dumpies. I forgot to post this picture of me when i caught one of the illusive south fork summer run steelhead. I caught it about a month ago and i was a very happy camper. Anyway, good luck and tight lines.
Hooked some nice legal fish at lynden tonight.

Hay, did you know it's unlawful to lift that fish out of the water to get that glory shot?
Good to see you respecting that fish rubbing your hand all over it!
It's a good idea to READ the regs. page 13. Right above"reporting violations/poaching"...TARD!
It's a great pic for WDFW to track you down...nice work.
I AM A FISHERMEN FOR LIFE
  I will always be a fishermen.
    It's not something I do,
     it is who I am.
  Where I am supposed to be.
     It is not a place,
  but a lifelong journey.
When you understand this,
    you will know me.
~unknown~

Jborrell67

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2013, 10:00:28 PM »
Heys guys! Good fishing so far. Congrats for those who have been slayin humpy dumpies. I forgot to post this picture of me when i caught one of the illusive south fork summer run steelhead. I caught it about a month ago and i was a very happy camper. Anyway, good luck and tight lines.
Hooked some nice legal fish at lynden tonight.

Hay, did you know it's unlawful to lift that fish out of the water to get that glory shot?
Good to see you respecting that fish rubbing your hand all over it!
It's a good idea to READ the regs. page 13. Right above"reporting violations/poaching"...TARD!
It's a great pic for WDFW to track you down...nice work.

I was going to say something, but I think RM put it best. Yes, this act is illegal and self-incriminating.  When I saw the picture, the first thing that came to mind was the fish getting dragged up against the rocky shore, fumbling around trying to get the right grasp on the squirming fish to hold it straight up in the air.  Waiting for his buddy to get out the camera... Opps, I had the wrong ISO speed setting on, the picture came out a bit bright. Lets take that picture again...

RIP South Fork native steelhead.  Another one bites the dust. 
"When you compare a form rod with one of those rubber asses with the vagina built into it, there really is not a big difference when you get down to the principles."
-stanleysteemer

BIGDOG51

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2013, 06:51:54 AM »
Well caught my first Nooksack humpy last night lots of fish my wife had 2 on but lost them I hooked 2 and got 1  good times and very thankful my wife likes to fish as much as I do.

gary

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2013, 07:59:12 AM »
 i feel the same way.  hard for me to see a pic of that fish with not even a single drop of water coming off it, i have a good idea what the photo session was like.  i figure he is a rookie, because otherwise he wouldnt be sharing that with the world.  "illusive" as they are, those fish deserve RESPECT!
DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS DIE.  EXECUTE THEM!

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2013, 07:59:12 AM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners