Fishwhatcom.com

The Confluence Fly Shop Bellingham for Fish Whatcom Savage Spinners
Nooksack 2013 - Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum

Author Topic: Nooksack 2013  (Read 155410 times)

fishtheusa

• View Profile
Re: Nooksack 2013
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
nice job AP, its great to see some pics, what did you land those on?
Raw visions - Ap didn't land those he is just putting questions upon my picture, " it depends who you ask?", I caught them in lynden using pink dicks nights this morning.  Yesterday was way better fishing, but the next couple of the days should get better.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:09:36 PM by fishtheusa »

fishtheusa

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2013, 09:14:11 PM »
How's that working for the river so far?

I guess it depends on who you ask?
River is working excellent for me  ;D

Colton

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2013, 09:49:57 PM »
Fished across from hovander after work till about nine. No luck and only saw two roll. Three other guys fishin on the park side nothing caught by them while I was there. I was throwing the ole pink spoonie

Raw Visions

• View Profile
    • My sounds.
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2013, 11:02:36 PM »
can any body tell me what size hook measure under 1/2 inch?
“Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”

RM

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »
can any body tell me what size hook measure under 1/2 inch?
1/0 or smaller should do it,a open eye Siwash is easy to switch out on most of your spoons and spinners.
I AM A FISHERMEN FOR LIFE
  I will always be a fishermen.
    It's not something I do,
     it is who I am.
  Where I am supposed to be.
     It is not a place,
  but a lifelong journey.
When you understand this,
    you will know me.
~unknown~

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »
Ok, it's time to start shipping handwarmers to hell, as humpy fishing was sufficiently good around Lynden today that even Deli Dill, Grand Poobah of the Nooksack Chapter of the Order of the Skunk, hooked into a bunch of them, and even bonked a couple hens to bring home to the smoker. Saw a handful of limits today and fish were biting in waves throughout the morning on all three sizes of the pink/white DN. One rigging note: Put a dropper of at least a foot on your weight. I started out fishing too close to the bottom and had zero action. Lengthened the drop and bam, fish on.

BTW, I dunno if I've shared this here but my theory on pinks is that they only run in odd years so you have a year in between to forget how slimy they are. Cheers.

fishtheusa

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2013, 12:10:35 PM »
Hit the nooksack this morning near lynden ( frog pond) with my buddy and my son , we managed to get 9 pink salmon before we had to leave, date included in fish picture to authenticate this fishing report. Tight lines and keep them pink salmon coming!!!

BIGDOG51

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
Anyone have any suggestions I'm new to the area been trying really hard to catch one of these pinks but no luck what works the best been plunking a spin and glow with a pink hoochie behind any help would be great Thanks.

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2013, 07:44:47 PM »
Anyone have any suggestions I'm new to the area been trying really hard to catch one of these pinks but no luck what works the best been plunking a spin and glow with a pink hoochie behind any help would be great Thanks.
Bigdog: You'll probably have better success drift fishing. Rig up a drift rig like the one depicted under "Articles" on this site, except (important) use a dropper line of at least a foot or so to connect your sinker, to keep your spoon off the bottom as it drifts. Use just enough weight to bounce along the bottom, not sit there. Fish a Dick Nite or other small pink spoon of your choice off of 3-4 feet of leader on that rig. Other people catch them with spinners and jigs, and of course, what you use and what size depends a lot on water clarity and flow.  Hope that is useful.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:46:36 PM by Deli Dill »

stanleysteemer

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2013, 08:15:39 PM »
I'm glad to see deli delicious getting something on his hands other than skunk stink. Well done, sir! Where's the dated pictures?
social media icon

Deli Dill

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »
I'm glad to see deli delicious getting something on his hands other than skunk stink. Well done, sir! Where's the dated pictures?
Thank you Steemer. Deli Dill is secure enough in his fish-sculinity to tell people to just take his word for it. (Plus, he has posted enough skunk reports on here that it would be pointless to start lying now.) Well, that and the fact that the pic he took of three humpies reading the front page of today's Bellingham Herald didn't turn out.

stanleysteemer

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »
Thank you Steemer. Deli Dill is secure enough in his fish-sculinity to tell people to just take his word for it. (Plus, he has posted enough skunk reports on here that it would be pointless to start lying now.) Well, that and the fact that the pic he took of three humpies reading the front page of today's Bellingham Herald didn't turn out.

You're alright.

social media icon

BIGDOG51

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2013, 05:56:25 AM »
Thanks Deli I will give that a go I'll let you know how it turns out.

SalmonCycle

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »
Ok, it's time to start shipping handwarmers to hell, as humpy fishing was sufficiently good around Lynden today that even Deli Dill, Grand Poobah of the Nooksack Chapter of the Order of the Skunk, hooked into a bunch of them, and even bonked a couple hens to bring home to the smoker. Saw a handful of limits today and fish were biting in waves throughout the morning on all three sizes of the pink/white DN. One rigging note: Put a dropper of at least a foot on your weight. I started out fishing too close to the bottom and had zero action. Lengthened the drop and bam, fish on.

BTW, I dunno if I've shared this here but my theory on pinks is that they only run in odd years so you have a year in between to forget how slimy they are. Cheers.

Well done DD.  Maybe this is your year.? ??? :-\

BIGDOG51

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »
Well Deli I have been giving it a go and no luck the river was pretty muddy last night I think it just may be bad luck but what the heck any day fishing is better then a day of work any suggestions when the water is in bad shape I drifted a large pink corkey and yarn a little last night seen a couple rollers no hits though.

Fish Whatcom Forum

« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »

Copyright © Fish Whatcom Forum

Fish Whatcom Forum Register
savagespinners